On The Edge London Chair
Business Development Director & Head of Digital, BDB
René Power is business development director at Barrett Dixon Bell (BDB), a leading international industrial marketing communications consultancy and also heads up BDB’s digital strategy and service offering.
CIM Chartered Marketer accredited, he is committed to helping the agency’s business-to-business clients amplify brands and generate leads using integrated and internet marketing campaigns.
René is an accomplished speaker having undertaken a number of conference, seminar and webinar engagements in 2012 & 2013 for the likes of Business North West, B2B Marketing’s Marketing Summit and annual conferences, UKTI, Manchester Metropolitan University and Silverpop. He writes extensively for the agency’s blog, his self-penned Marketing Assassin blog, and Dave Chaffey’s hugely influential Smart Insights digital marketing, as b2b digital marketing expert.
Critically, December 2012 saw René’s first publication hit Amazon – Brilliant B2B Digital Marketing is now available for Kindle and Kindle apps for all mobile and computer devices. And 2013, started with a bang with his Marketing Assassin blog being recognised by TopRank site as one of the UK’s Top 50 influential online marketing sites.
Rene returns as Chair for our London & Manchester On the Edge events in 2013 after high praise for his on-stage drive and passion in 2012. Read testimonials here.
Ex-Chairman, Ecademy. Professional Speaker. Non-Executive Director
Thomas Power has gained extensive knowledge on using Social Media and Online Networking in business over the past thirteen and a half years. As a a Professional Speaker, with a big focus on Strategy, Contacts and Deals he also works as a Google Guide focusing on companioning organisations adopt Google apps, cloud and plus (Google+).
A Non-Executive Director & sitting on eight Boards, previously a Chair on 5, Thomas Power has been labeled “Everyone’s Chairman”. He previously Chaired Ecademy which he created alongside his wife, Penny, in 1998, before selling on in July last year. It is an online community used to understand and create trusted relationships around the subject of ecommerce. Critical to their success at Ecademy has been their knowledge of driving traffic to Ecademy from a wealth of social media sites, they understand the way businesses should create and nurture ‘purpose led communities’ rather than ‘transactional models’ to build trust with their followers.
Further to his above responsibilities Thomas Power has published 7 books as well as featuring prominently in Alan Sugar’s biography “The Amstrad Story” due to his Apprenticeship with Alan Sugar during 1986-88.
Topic: Google+ IS The Future of Business
- How to become Open Random Supportive #ORS
- How Google+ will squash Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin by 2020
- Understanding the Mobile, Cloud, Social, Big Data journey
Business Development Manager, Emailcenter
James is the Business Development Manager for Emailcenter, an award winning digital marketing agency with a focus on ecommerce email marketing. He has worked with some of the biggest and most progressive brands in the UK, helping them move towards more relevant, automated & optimised email programmes. Emailcenter’s clients include, Toptable, Highgrove, GoCompare, Visit Britain, Liz Earle, NS&I, SAGA, UBS and James Villa Holidays.
Topic: What Is Relevancy & Why Is It So Important To Email Marketers?
- What is Relevance and why is it important?
- Why marketers are spending their time on the wrong things
- Different approaches to ‘being relevant’
- Cottages4u personalised recommendations emails
Online Marketing Manager, Koozai Ltd
Mike has specialised in digital marketing for the past seven years, including as eBusiness Project Manager at a Johnson and Johnson subsidiary and Online Manager at a creative agency. In 2009 he joined Koozai and now works as the agency’s Online Marketing Manager. During these seven years Mike has been involved in over 100 SEO and PPC projects.
Topic: Why Paid Search Isn’t Just For Huge Budgets
- How you can pay less but sell more than everyone in the results
- Why PPC can help every marketing project work better
- How to find the perfect niche for any budget
- Top ways to discover and exploit competitor weaknesses
- How to prepare for AdWords Enhanced Campaigns
- Whether Facebook, AdWords, LinkedIn or Bing adverts are right for you
Director of Digital Marketing, Clever Little Design
Gareth is Director of Digital Marketing at Clever Little Design, a Berkshire-based digital marketing agency. Gareth heads up a team that looks after clients’ SEO, Paid Search, Social Media and Content Marketing. His background is in B2B marketing and outsourcing, having helped generate an online pipeline of over £75m over five years for his previous employer.
Topic: Links and Likes: Mind the friends you keep – how the sites who link to you, and the sites you link to, can have an impact on your site’s rankings & traffic.
- Learn how links affect your rankings and traffic
- Differentiate between good, bad and average links
- Learn how to assess your own backlink profile
- Learn how social signals are being built into search engine algorithms
- Develop actionable link-building strategies that look natural
Production Director, Nerv
Ringo Moss is Production Director at Nerv, an award-winning creative agency which is ranked by the RAR as one of the top 100 independent agencies in the UK. Nerv has a client book including brand names such as Ted Baker, L’Oreal Paris and The BBC.
Ringo has enjoyed a breadth of experience at Nerv, delivering heavyweight digital projects for commercial brands, as well as working with smaller businesses focussing on digital marketing.
Topic: Responsive design and the importance of having mobile optimised sites
- Introduction to Responsive Web Design
- Understanding the growing need for sites to be mobile optimised
- Determining when and if RWD is the right choice
- Other options to RWD, the pros and cons
- Positive impacts for your brand
Marketing Director (EMEA), HubSpot
Kieran Flanagan is Marketing Director (EMEA) at Hubspot, a marketing software company, where he leads the companies marketing strategy in EMEA. Kieran leads a team of marketers in EMEA, who execute Hubspot’s inbound marketing strategy across Europe.
Kieran is an experienced online marketer, having worked for some of the largest B2C and B2B brands in EMEA and has won awards for campaigns he has implemented.
Topic: Inbound Marketing – your secret weapon
- Learn how your consumer has changed and what this means for your company
- How to build a Top of Funnel strategy that will attract people to your site
- How to convert like an Amazon superstar
- Why the data nerds will own marketing
Recently departing Mindshare where he led the social media team and created digital strategies for clients such as Three UK, Unilever, Nestle, Ford, HSBC, first direct, Paul is now consulting for mid to large sized brands.
Prior to joining Mindshare, Paul worked for Kindred as Digital Director where he created integrated digital strategies for clients including Camelot, Milk, School Food Trust, Courage, dunhill and Blistex. Before returning to London, Paul spent seven years in Los Angeles, the last two of which he headed up Consumer Corporate Communications at MySpace, where Paul created and executed a wide variety strategic campaigns and events for all consumer facing verticals including MySpace Video, MySpace Comedy, MySpace Film and MySpace Music (amongst others).
Paul is regularly quoted in mainstream media and can often be seen on the BBC when social media news breaks. He regularly moderates and speaks at conferences (including Social Media World Forum, ISBA Conference, Google, Microsoft, ASOS, Mumsnet, Mobile Monday), judges awards and continues to train various members of professional organisations. He is also the Founder of @themediaisdying which has been written about in the New York Times and Business Week amongst others. Paul currently writes for PaidContent, Wired UK, Media Week, MemeBurn (amongst others) and is a keen photographer.
Topic: Making Facebook (and any social platform) work for you and not the other way round
- Gain a richer understanding of the Facebook ecosystem
- Get up to date with the latest updates (including ad products)
- Develop a core framework for evaluation for the future (Facebook and other tools)
- Gain insight into the likely future of the platform and social space
- How to optimise your Facebook content strategies
For any speaking opportunities, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your experience, area of expertise and preferred location.