On The Edge is here to fuel creative minds, champion fresh ideas and excel you in your professional development. This year, we’re delving deeper into the marketing mix and uncovering a multitude of different sessions in our newly devised tracks. In a world where time is tight, each session has been devised to make maximum use of your time with each seminar delivering key insights and actions from world-class speakers that are immediately implementable.
Keynotes from global brands and unrivalled networking opportunities contribute to this dynamic day.
Introducing our keynote speakers:
Speaker: Rosie Akenhead, Manager of Local Business Outreach at Yelp
Topic: Online Reviews - A Yelp case study
- Learn top tips on marketing a business for free; what can you do on a budget of £0?
- How to respond to reviews and comments about your business online: both positive and negative
- 101 with a leading consumer review site: ask all the questions you have with regard to your (or your clients!) online reputation
- Statistics on consumers in the UK and how they spend money and search for businesses online
- Understand why community and mobile are key to a successful business
Speaker: Jon Hook, Head of Mobile - International at Mediacom
Topic: Mobile Marketing
- Where to start on mobile?
- Your mobile audience
- Delivering engaging experience on mobile
- Mobile production/creative/design
- How does this all fit together
- How does mobile integrate with other marketing channels
Speaker: Natalie Waterworth, Co-founder, Talented Heads
Topic: Marketing to Millennials: Ten ways to make the Me Me Me Generation notice You
- Millennials are fickle in their buying habits, but there is method to the madness
- How to make millennials notice you over all of the other noise out there
- Convert attention from millennials into sales
- What not to say when attempting to woo millennials
What else will you learn:
Adapting to Responsive Web Design
- What is responsive design and how it can benefit your organisation
- The design process and tips for approaching responsive projects
- Developing a content strategy in a multi-device world
- Why performance matters and how to optimise for it
- How to ensure future friendliness with a device agnostic mindset
Putting Yourself In Front Of The Right Audience
- How to set up your social profiles
- How to actually find your audience
- What to do once you have found them
- How to give them what they want and more
- How to give them a reason to stay
Search Engine Optimisation – making everything click
- The importance of reputation on SERPs
- How to create great content for search & social
- How to get more from your users
Email marketing best practice and why you should be investing in marketing automation
- Design and deliverability… Dealing with the F’in Email
- Why your email only has 2 seconds to live
- Making the move to marketing automation
Creating a buzz through others – B2B Influencer Marketing
- What is influencer marketing? Background to terminology, how it works and how brands can benefit
- Identifying influencers – understanding different types of influencer, identifying and rating them
- Creating an influencer marketing plan
- Setting out to make enduring connections
- Measuring influencer marketing effectiveness – attributing ROI.
Advanced Targeting: From Keywords to Audiences
- Learn about the latest targeting mechanisms available in paid search.
- Understand how audiences interact and how to combine broad strokes with extreme granularity.
- Hear success stories and be shown exactly how to replicate the best aspects of what advertisers have done before, while avoiding the pitfalls.
- Be able to analyse their own audiences and put together a targeting plan.
- Network with fellow business professionals from some of the UK’s biggest brands
- Enjoy a sumptuous lunch and as much coffee as you can handle in the heart of Manchester
- Earn CPD points
- A guaranteed seat for every speaker session
- Use the FREE Wi-Fi to keep up with your working day and implement your new strategies straight away